The ten chefs shortlisted for the Chef’s Chef of the Year Award are:
· Aaron Patterson (Hambledon Hall, Oakham)
· Andrew Wong (Kym’s, London)
· Angela Hartnett (Murano, London)
· Clare Smyth (Core, London)
· Gareth Ward (Ynyshir, Machynlleth)
· Hélène Darroze (Hélène Darroze at The Connaught, London)
· James Sommerin (Restaurant James Sommerin, Penarth)
· Jason Atherton (Pollen street Social, London)
· Lisa Goodwin-Allen (Northcote, Blackburn)
· Mark Birchall (Moor Hall, Lancashire)
· Paul Ainsworth (Paul Ainsworth at Number 6, Padstow)
· Tom Kitchin (The Kitchin, Edinburgh)
A popular and coveted title, this unique award, introduced in 1996, offers all AA Rosette-awarded chefs the chance to decide which of their peers deserves the ultimate recognition for their performance over the past twelve months.
The Chef’s Chef winner at the 2018 AA Hospitality Awards was Claude Bosi, Chef Patron at Bibendum.
Simon Numphud, Managing Director at AA Media, commented: “The Chef’s Chef of the Year Award gives chefs a unique opportunity to recognise and honour their peers. Each of the chefs on this year’s shortlist is a pioneer in the world of food and is truly an inspiration in their field. We look forward to celebrating each of these fantastic chefs, and revealing the winner, at the AA Hospitality Awards in September.”
The Chef’s Chef of the Year Award winner will be revealed at the AA Hospitality Awards on Monday 23rd September, at Grosvenor House in London, in a ceremony hosted by Kate Silverton.